Being off book is the ideal scenario in every audition that comes your way.
But it isn’t realistic.
Sometimes you just can’t be off book. Whether you got the audition at the last minute, or the you’re preparing 11 pages of dialogue heavy scenes, there are times when you simply can’t memorize everything.
What to do?
Today’s video will show you what NOT to do…(and of course provide a solution).
Check it out below:
In the event that you can’t get off book in time for the audition, ACCEPT IT. Then don’t be afraid to look at your sides when you need to. It’s ok, we promise 🙂
Leave a comment. Was this video helpful to you?
FREE Find The Funny Workshop – 5/31 & 6/2
If you audition for comedy but rarely book, you’re probably missing something. And our guess is that it’s one of these three things:
- You’re trying to “be funny” and your work is falling flat.
- You have missed the joke altogether
- You haven’t nailed the format of the show
You’re not alone. Nailing a comedy audition requires the perfect combination of art and science. You cannot just wing it because unlike drama, comedy requires timing, precision, and understanding comedic structure.
Our Lead Instructor, Lilach Mendelovich, will walk you through the step-by-step Acting Pros process to “Find The Funny in every comedic audition.
This proven formula is designed to help you:
- Understand the structure and rhythms in comedic writing, so that you can always deliver the joke
- Find the balance between “too big” and “not big enough” so that you work never falls flat
- Craft an audition in the style and format of the show (what goes in a sitcom won’t work in a dramedy)
So that you can handle any comedic audition material that comes your way.
You’ll leave this 2.5 hour in-person workshop with the ability to nail your comedic auditions like a pro!
Join us TONIGHT Thursday May 31 @ 7pm or Saturday June 2 @ 1pm