When you go into your audition, you’ve already read the script (one would hope).
You know exactly what is going to happen. But how do you behave as though you don’t?
It’s a tricky line to walk as an actor. You don’t want to give away the end of the scene at the beginning.
In today’s video, Lilach Mendelovich shares a simple tool to use in your audition scenes so you don’t spoil the surprise!
Check it out:
Expectation is a powerful thing in acting and in life. When you set the expectation to get something other than what happens in your audition scene, it will feel fresh, alive and spontaneous!
FREE Find The Funny Workshop – Next Week In Los Angeles!
If you audition for comedy but rarely book, you’re probably missing something. And our guess is that it’s one of these three things:
- You’re trying to “be funny” and your work is falling flat.
- You have missed the joke altogether
- You haven’t nailed the format of the show
You’re not alone. Nailing a comedy audition requires the perfect combination of art and science. You cannot just wing it because unlike drama, comedy requires timing, precision, and understanding comedic structure.
Our Lead Instructor, Lilach Mendelovich, will walk you through the step-by-step Acting Pros process to “Find The Funny in every comedic audition.
This proven formula is designed to help you:
- Understand the structure and rhythms in comedic writing, so that you can always deliver the joke
- Find the balance between “too big” and “not big enough” so that you work never falls flat
- Craft an audition in the style and format of the show (what goes in a sitcom won’t work in a dramedy)
So that you can handle any comedic audition material that comes your way.
You’ll leave this 2.5 hour in-person workshop with the ability to nail your comedic auditions like a pro!
Join us Thursday May 31 @ 7pm or Saturday June 2 @ 1pm